Sunday, January 24, 2010

impact

Ever since I joined a club on campus called, B.O.B. (burst of the bubble), I've been watching a lot more documentaries than my usual routine. I mean, that is the purpose of the club, to watch documentaries as a way to build awareness, but documentaries have replaced my south park episodes and foreign horror flicks. As credits roll in the end of each documentary I watch, I leave it a different person. I'm addicted to this enlightenment and no other movies have really interested me as of late. Which is kind of unfortunate since I bought some discounted movie tickets.

ANYWAY.
This post is about "No Impact Man". It is a documentary about a guy, Colin, who believes in living a life without being wasteful and takes his family on a journey of a year experiencing this lifestyle. This means no car, no plastic, no toliet paper, no electricity, no beef. He takes being eco-friendly to quite an extreme and that is really his point. His year spent was pretty inspirational to me not only on his ability to survive without impacting the earth, but his optimism and ambition too. I have enough trouble just trying to get out of bed. After seeing this, I'm going to re-evaluate my consumption starting with this handy list from Colin's blog.

Watch it and change your life my friends. It'll be neat.

No comments: